Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who is Matchfire?
A: The selling party has retained Matchfire to manage this auction. Matchfire provides a comprehensive auction management service focused on creating successful high-value, high-profile promotional auctions for charities, nonprofit organizations and top brand companies. Matchfire is a promotional agency which helps define client brand promotional strategy through auctions, delivers creative design, and manages operations of feature online auctions for maximum visibility of well-known brands, media companies, charities, nonprofits, public relations firms and advertising agencies.
Q: Is Bidder Pre-Qualification necessary to participate in this auction?
A: All bidding activity below $2,000 does not need to be pre-qualified. Fixed price listings do not require prequalification.
Bidding above $2,000 must be Pre-Qualified. Click here to fill out the secure Bidder Pre-Qualification form. In order to help ensure a smooth and successful auction experience, Matchfire will be performing Bidder Pre-Qualification for this auction. Fixed price listings do not require prequalification.
Q: Why do eBay members need to Pre-Qualify?
A: We realize that the Bidder Pre-Qualification policy may seem like an unnecessary procedure to eBay community members in good standing, but to ensure a safe and fair auction, we require that all bidders participate for all bidding activity above $2,000. Fixed price listings do not require prequalification.
Q: Is the campaign open internationally?
A: Unless otherwise noted above the campaign is open worldwide. International buyers are responsible any additional international shipping fees that apply including Customs, VAT (value added tax), duties, fees, tariffs, etc. which may be assessed and due upon delivery of item. We cannot pre-determine such fees and are not responsible for these additional costs.
Q: I've won the auction! What happens next?
A: An invoice will be sent to the winning bidder via eBay or Matchfire to confirm the payment amount and payment instructions. Payment must be in U.S. funds and received within two (2) business days of the close of the auction.
Q: Will a receipt be provided?
A: Yes, a receipt for the final bid amount paid will be provided by Matchfire.
Q: Is there sales tax?
A: eBay will calculate, collect, and remit sales tax on behalf of sellers, as applicable.
Q: Is this purchase tax deductible?
A: Please contact your personal tax advisor for information on this issue.
Delivery information for auction items.
Winning bidders must provide a physical address and phone number. Barring unanticipated circumstances and/or any special fulfillment conditions, the estimated delivery time is 2-3 weeks after final payment is received and acknowledged. International bidders will be required to pay any duties or taxes associated with their shipment.
Please use the "Ask a Seller a Question" option above.
- Matchfire, the auction manager, is performing a management service on behalf of and at direction of the selling party and as such is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for any warranties or guarantees either explicit or implied herein.
- The purchaser/high bidder agrees to pay within 2 business days of the close of the auction
- Warranties: It is the buyer’s responsibility to preview any item(s) and determine condition, authenticity, and content. While descriptions are believed to be accurate, neither Matchfire nor its employees, agents, or contractors provide any warranties or guarantees, express or implied, as to the genuineness, authenticity, or accuracy of description, condition, or defect, if any, of the item(s) auctioned and will not be held responsible for discrepancies or inaccuracies in item descriptions provided. Buyer may be required to sign a release acknowledging this provision as a condition of purchase of the item(s). Buyer’s sole recourse shall be the warranty, if any, provided by Seller, as stated in the item description.
- All items are sold as is.
- CARE will receive the proceeds of the winning bid on this auction.
- All bids are binding.
- All bids are in US dollars.
- This auction does not include any items or services that are not detailed above.
- Please note that shill bidding is neither allowed nor tolerated. This practice is illegal and carries legal consequences in many areas. Per eBay’s help pages, "shill bidding is the deliberate placing of bids to artificially raise the price of an item and is not allowed."
- Please note that due to the nature of high profile auctions, we have occasionally experienced attempted fraud through the use of second chance offers. If you are contacted by anyone other than a Matchfire representative about this item or items similar to this, please contact us immediately.
- Matchfire reserves the right to block a bidder for any reason including but not limited to, feedback, non-paying bidder, bid retractions, and recent bid history.
- Your participation in this auction constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
About eBay for Charity: A charity fundraiser platform that keeps on giving, eBay for Charity has raised nearly $912 million for nonprofit organizations in the United States and abroad. The platform launched in 2003 and has helped roughly 66 thousand nonprofit organizations architect and implement fundraising ideas and charity auctions that engage over 197 million active buyers. The program gives online users from all over the world a chance to make a difference by shopping, selling, or donating on eBay. eBay for Charity and PayPal Giving Fund, a nonprofit partner, screen and certify participating nonprofits as well as process the donations from charity auctions. From celebrity souvenirs to novelty items, eBay for Charity has proven its versatility as a premier charity fundraiser platform. Learn more at www.ebay.com/charity.
The contents and composition including layout, look and feel and coding on this page or any auction listing page, About Me Page, disclaimers, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) in whatever form or manner either graphic, text, or digital format or presentation of any language either actual or digital are the property of Matchfire or the other copyright holders represented hereon and may not be copied, reproduced, duplicated, paraphrased, in whole or part for any purpose or reason whatsoever whether online or in a physical manner including storage to a computer system or storage device of any kind for republication or dissemination without the express written consent of Matchfire . To violate this copyright protection is illegal and Matchfire will pursue such violations vigorously.