Thank you for donating to the Mariano Rivera Foundation! Your donation supports the important work of this charity.
You have also been entered for a chance to win “The Ultimate Grand Prize for Any Mariano Rivera Fan!” Rivera is offering fans an exclusive meet-and greet-experience, with all funds benefiting his foundation – the Mariano Rivera Foundation.
The winner will receive a VIP experience with one guest to meet Mariano Rivera in New York.
To celebrate Mariano Rivera being the first player unanimously inducted into the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame by the Baseball Writers', three winners will win a signed Mariano Rivera jersey, or one of two signed baseballs, respectively.
Please note: Delivery of the donation certificate will be via the email address on file with your eBay account, where you can download it, print it or email it as a gift.
THE EBAY FOR CHARITY MARIANO RIVERA SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER AND WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHO ARE REGISTERED MEMBERS OF WWW.EBAY.COM.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. No purchase or donation necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The eBay for Charity Mariano Rivera Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age and older, who are physically located and reside in the United States or District of Columbia and who are registered members* of www.ebay.com at the time of entry ("Eligible Participant"). Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and their respective household members, of eBay Inc. (“eBay”) and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions (“eBay Entities”) (eBay and eBay Entities collectively, “Sponsor”), Sponsor’s advertising and promotion agencies, Mariano Rivera Foundation, and any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six months, performed services for the Mariano Rivera Foundation (the “Foundation”) and Wire Stone, part of Accenture Interactive, and all others associated with the design, execution, production, development, and promotion of this Sweepstakes or are connected to this Sweepstakes in any way are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes and personal jurisdiction shall exclusively be the state and federal courts located in Santa Clara, California.
*Registration with eBay and obtaining an eBay username may be accomplished without purchase/payment at www.eBay.com.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Sweepstakes begins at 8:00:00 AM Eastern Time (PT) on June 11, 2019 and ends 8:00:00 AM ET on June 21, 2019 (the "Promotion Period"). One (1) Grand Prize, one (1) First Prize and two (2) Second Prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
4. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter this Sweepstakes: online and via U.S. Mail.
Online: Go to www.eBay.com/MarianoRiveraFoundation and sign in with your eBay user ID and password. Once successfully logged in, you will receive the following number of entries into the Sweepstakes when you give the following amounts to the Mariano Rivera Foundation during the Promotion Period:
When you give: # of Entries received
$5 Receive 50 entries
$15 Receive 150 entries
$25 Receive 250 entries
$50 Receive 500 entries
Online entry must be received by 8:00:00 AM ET on June 21, 2019 in order to be eligible.
Also By U. S. Mail: To enter the Sweepstakes by U. S. Mail without making a donation to the Mariano Rivera Foundation, hand print your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, eBay User ID, date of birth, email address and daytime telephone number on a 3” X 5” card, and mail it, in an envelope with postage affixed, to: The eBay for Mariano Rivera Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 5018, ENTRY # 12346, STACY, MN 55078. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by June 21, 2019 and received by June 27, 2019 in order to be eligible. Limit one entry request per outer envelope. Each mail-in entry will count as 500 entries in the Sweepstakes.
Entries that have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, postage due, late or inaccurate are void. Sponsor and Sweepstakes Administrator is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged, postage due or misdirected entries. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If a dispute results as to the identity of an online entrant, it will be determined that the online entry was submitted by the authorized account holder of the eBay User ID from which the entry is made. For these purposes, the authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to an eBay User ID by eBay Inc. The promotional website’s database clock will be the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. If an entrant who is an eBay member changes his/her telephone number, email address, and/or street address after he/she enters the Sweepstakes, it is his/her sole responsibility to notify the Sweepstakes Administrator by (postal) mailing notice to the Administrator’s address (listed below) to be received by the end of the Promotion Period.
For greater certainty, if it is discovered that an Eligible Participant (or any person or entity purporting to be an Eligible Participant) has attempted to: (i) obtain more than the stated number of entries per person during the Promotion Period; and/or (ii) has attempted to use (or attempts to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) email address to enter the Sweepstakes, then in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, he/she may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Any Entry you submit will be rejected if, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, it is not completed and submitted during the Promotion Period. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated system to enter or otherwise disrupt this Sweepstakes is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsor. All Entries are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Sweepstakes. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: One (1) potiential Grand Prize winner, one (1) potiential First Prize winner and two (2) potiential Second Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about June 28, 2019 from among all eligible online and mail-in entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted by Wire Stone, part of Accenture Interactive (“Sweepstakes Administrator”), an independent judging organization, in New Yrok, NY. Sponsor’s decisions are final on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential Prize winners will be notified by electronic mail and/or overnight or U.S. mail and/or telephone on or about June 28, 2019. Potential Prize winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release and where legal, a publicity release, and Federal and State tax release, and return these documents, properly executed, via fax within forty-eight (48) hours, and via U.S. Mail within seven (7) days of issuance of notification. Non-compliance within this time frame, or if Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the entrant being disqualified, and the Prize will be awarded to a potential alternate winner. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible online and mail-in entries received.
6. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: The winner and one (1) guest will receive the ultimate fan prize for any Mariano Rivera fan: An intimate VIP meet and greet with Mariano Rivera in New York on July 16th, 2019. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $2,000. One (1) First Prize: A signed Mariano Rivera jersey. ARV: $800. Two (2) Second Prizes: A signed Mariano Rivera baseball. ARV: $450 each. Total ARV of all prizes: $3,700.
Third party trademarks are used herein solely for purposes of prize identification. No sponsorship, endorsement, authorization or approval by the relevant trademark owner is intended or implied by such use.
Grand Prize winner must be able to redeem this prize on July 16th, 2019, or prize may be forfeited. If any part of the event is unable to take place as planned, for any reason, including but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts or an event of force majeure, the remaining components of the prize will be awarded and Sponsor’s obligation to the winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided. Winner and guests must comply with all venue and event rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or deny entry to any winner and his/her guest who engage in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the event.
All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winners. Prize winners will be issued an IRS 1099 Tax Form reflecting the fair market value of the prize won; and, such winner agrees to fully cooperate with Sponsor or its representative as to their compliance with all applicable governmental reporting requirements, including provision of his/her Social Security Number via IRS W9 Tax Form. Prizes are not transferable and no substitutions or cash equivalents are permitted, except that Sponsor at its sole discretion, may substitute a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Specifics of a prizes are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If winner is 18 years of age but deemed a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian.
Grand Prize Restrictions: If a guest is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian. Winner, guests or parent or legal guardian of minor guests must sign releases prior to traveling. All travel arrangements must be made by winner and/or guests. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets or similar items once they are in winner's possession, or in the possession of winner's guest. Winner and guests must possess valid ID and are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary and required travel documents (passport, etc.) in order to travel. Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and Wire Stone, part of Accenture Interactive and prize providers ("Sweepstakes Entities") shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Prize conditions may be added or modified by companies providing those portions of the prize. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the affidavit and release.
Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check concerning any winner/travel companion, including without limitation checking publicly available information contained in civil and criminal court records, police reports, and social media. To the extent necessary under law, winner and travel companion shall authorize such background check and acknowledge that Sponsor has a legitimate business need for such background check. Sponsor may also take all steps necessary to corroborate any information provided to Sponsor by winner and travel companion in his/her interview, including conducting its own internal vetting process. In that regard, winner and travel companion will be obligated to provide necessary contacts and information (including but not limited to full legal name, home address, telephone number and date of birth) so that Sponsor may conduct such background check and internal vetting. Sponsor reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify a winner or travel companion based on the background check or internal vetting, and to select an alternate winner. For clarity, disqualification of a winner will result in the automatic disqualification of the travel companion.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, MARIANO RIVERA FOUNDATION, WIRE STONE, PART OF ACCENTURE INTERACTIVE, THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, PRIZE PROVIDERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES), INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (COLLECTIVELY, “CLAIMS”), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY CLAIMS ARISING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS BROUGHT BY THIRD PARTIES. ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT RELEASEES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, RELEASEES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE EBAY SITE OR ANY PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, garbled, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries or submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website, inability to submit an entry, or fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit an Eligible Participant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. Releasees are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged, postage-due or misdirected entries or mail. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of the Sweepstakes or modify these Official Rules at any time without notice, if in the Sponsor’s opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if any virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes or for any other reason in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor may void any entries they suspect are at issue and award the Prizes from among all non-suspect eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who violates the rules or interferes with the Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by an individual to access any website associated with the Sweepstakes via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in that individual’s IP address and all entries from that IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, amend or suspend this Sweepstakes, or to amend these Official Rules, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error or any kind, or for any other reason.
9. DISPUTES: Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes and personal jurisdiction shall exclusively be with the state and federal courts located in Santa Clara, California. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Eligible Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Website and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or Entry with these Official Rules, or as a result of technical problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Sweepstakes as contemplated in these Official Rules.
10. WINNER’S NAME: For the name of the Prize winners, available after July 21, 2019, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by July 21, 2019 to: The eBay for Charity Mariano Rivera Sweepstakes Winners, P.O. Box 5018, WIN #12346, STACY, MN 55078.
11. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125. Administrator: Wire Stone, part of Accenture Interactive, 48 West 25th Street, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10010.
©Copyright 2019 Wire Stone, part of Accenture Interactive. All rights reserved. Entrants may copy these Official Rules for the sole purpose of personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.
About Mariano Rivera Foundation
The Mariano Rivera Foundation’s mission, for the past 19 years, has been to provide youth from impoverished families with an education that will empower them for the future. Funds raised support the foundation’s Learning Center, which provides a safe, comfortable, and collaborative learning environment where children, and their families can find an array of support services to help them lead successful lives.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Symbolic Gift? A symbolic gift is a new offering powered by the eBay for Charity platform. It is a charitable donation that allows the benefitting charity organization to further their cause and support their mission. 100% of the purchase prices of this gift will go directly to the designated charity.
What will I receive? When you purchase this symbolic gift, you'll receive an electronic certificate (pictured in gallery) confirming your donation and entry (or entries) into the V Foundation Sweepstakes. Please read complete Sweepstakes details. You’ll also receive a receipt by email that you can use to document your charitable contribution.
How fast will be order be fulfilled/delivered? Certificates are automatically emailed at the time of purchase to the email address associated with your eBay account. If you have not received an order in 24 hours, please contact the seller.
How much of the purchase price goes to the charity organization? The eBay for Charity platform regularly waives 100% of all seller fees for anything sold by official charity organizations. This means that 100% of the purchase price will be received by the charitable organization selling these symbolic gifts.
Will a receipt be provided? Yes. As part of your purchase process, you will be offered the option of receiving a donation receipt for your purchase since this may be used as a tax deduction as determined by your state.
Frequently Asked Questions (cont.)
Is this purchase tax deductible? Yes. Because the seller is an official 501(c)3 charity organization, and because you are receiving no physical goods for your purchase, 100% of your purchase price is deductible as a donation. Rest assured also that 100% of the purchase price ends up with the benefitting charity, since eBay is waiving 100% of the seller fees that are normally charged.
Are returns allowed? No; current policy with symbolic gifts is that no returns can be accepted this time, as the certificates for these symbolic charitable donations could still be used after the purchase was cancelled with no way for the charity to control this. All sales are final; please do keep in mind that 100% of your purchase price will be received by the sponsoring charity organization to further their mission.
How can I receive additional information about the charitable organization selling these symbolic gifts? The charities participating in this program would love to contact you and share more information about the work that do with you. Please visit themarianoriverafoundation.org for more information.
Questions? Please use the “Ask a Seller a Question” option above.
What do I need to know legally? Your gift purchase is a donation supporting Mariano Rivera Foundation’s mission.
Who is Matchfire? The selling party has retained Matchfire to manage this auction. Matchfire provides a comprehensive auction management service focused on creating successful high-value, high-profile promotional auctions for charities, nonprofit organizations and top brand companies. Matchfire is a promotional agency which helps define client brand promotional strategy through auctions, delivers creative design, and manages operations of feature online auctions for maximum visibility of well-known brands, media companies, charities, nonprofits, public relations firms and advertising agencies.